It’s been a helluva year. This Prime Project is nearing the end. I started it on my 53rd birthday last year as a way to remind myself that it ain’t over yet. I’ve still got a lot of juiciness in me.
My father recently wrote, “You only have a few more weeks as a particular prime number, but you certainly won’t be leaving the domain of prime numbers and the many interesting things that arise from consideration of them. (See class notes, Number Theory 445, Fall, 1964, Arizona State University, taught by Charles Wexler, PhD, one of the coolest instructors I’ve ever had in a lifetime of going to school.)
“54, of course, can be factored into 2 times 3 cubed, thereby making great use of the first two primes. Along a similar line of thinking, I hit 2 to the fourth power times 5 this year. Interesting things, them primes.”
So, evidently, we’re both still prime numbers.
On this year’s birthday, March 7 (fabulous prime), I’ve engineered a 7 Minute Dance Party. Wherever you happen to be on Tuesday, anytime between 12:42 a.m. and 11:59 p.m, get up and groove! Shake a tail feather! Move your booty, cutie!
(Yes, I was born at 12:42a.m on March 7, according to my birth certificate. At Luke’s Air Force Base outside Phoenix, Arizona, in the United States of America. John F. Kennedy was President.)
Here’s a list of some of my favorite dance songs, in no particular order:
- Oh Happy Day by The Edwin Hawkins Singers
- Happy by Pharrell
- Trois Gymnopedies by Eric Satie
- Chez Seychelles by Beausoleil
- Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye
- Respect Yourself by the Staples Singers
- Everyday People by Sly & the Family Stone
- R.E.S.P.E.C.T. by Aretha Franklin
- Joy to the World by 3 Dog Night
- Rock Lobster by the B-52s
- Hallelujah Chorus by Handel
- All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor
- Master & Commander soundtrack
- Bach Cello Suites by Yo-Yo Ma
- …and anything with bagpipes